Friday 5 September 2014

Why study AS ICT? 

What is it about?
AS topics 

Unit 1: Practical Problem Solving in the Digital World. 
The first unit is based around a range of problem solving tasks such as the need for websites, multimedia, invoicing systems, podcasting, blogs etc. 
Unit 2: Living in the Digital World: 
Covers the environmental, cultural, economic, legal and ethical issues surrounding ICT in the modern world. It is designed to give students an idea of the bigger picture e.g. why is ICT used, is it appropriate, what could future development look like, how does it affect society.

A2 topics 

Unit 3: The Use of ICT in the Digital World:
A theoretical and academic study of issues associated with the management of ICT and its uses within 
Organisations. A range of public and private companies is covered from small to large-scale businesses. 
Unit 4: Practical Issues Involved in the Use of ICT in the Digital World:
A coursework unit that follows the typical structure of a real world IT projects where students investigate, analyse, design, build, implement, test and document an IT system of their choice. The product can be anything ranging from a website, training materials, database, multimedia or a spreadsheet.

Why I have chosen to do AS ICT
Information communication technology has played a large role in my life; from when I was younger the first technological thing I was given was an old computer that used floppy disks. From this point on computers have always been at my side whether it may be my phone or my desktop computer at home. I have also had a large influence from my Dad about computers as he himself is a computer business manager for a large company. He works with computers every waking hour of the day so naturally I will have been attracted to them. I believe my future career will include computers in some sort of way. Entrepreneurship is also an option as I am taking business as an A level; this complements  ICT, as most business is transacted through computers, via eBay, Amazon etc. Computers are going to play a massive part in the near future so if I had chosen any other courses it would be quite a waste of chance and my Dads expertise with computers will be wasted as well. 


How ICT skills are going to benefit me in the future?

The world that we live in now is hugely affected by technology such as: the internet, mobile networking and personal computers. All of these technologies have molded the world we live in and in the future these things are just going to get more and more advanced, so if you do not understand how to work computers, phones e.t.c then you will be left behind. This is why I want and need these skills for the future as most companies will decline your application if you don’t have the skills to work with computers. As I said before IT has played a very large role in my childhood, whether it is playing video games or learning how to write code and I wish to keep on learning new things in the ICT world for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment